In 2001-02, Rotary International began developing a strategic plan to guide the organization as it entered its second century of service. In June 2007, the Board of Directors approved the RI Strategic Plan 2007-10, which identifies seven priorities:
- Eradicate polio.
- Advance the internal and external recognition and public image of Rotary.
- Increase Rotary’s capacity to provide service to others.
- Expand membership globally in both numbers and quality.
- Emphasize Rotary’s unique vocational service commitment.
- Optimize the use and development of leadership talents within RI.
- Fully implement the strategic planning process to ensure continuity and consistency throughout the organization.